Having a full-time RN on staff assures parents and students alike that Chapel Hill Academy is attentive to not only the spiritual and educational nurturing of the child, but also their emotional and physical needs. We cherish the students in our care and recognize that medical concerns carry over into the learning experience. Our full-time registered nurse provides attention to simple scrapes and bruises as well as life-threatening allergies and serious medical conditions. We offer peanut-sensitive classrooms and lunchroom, and our teachers review medical safety procedures regularly throughout the year.
- Immunization monitoring
- First aid hearing and vision screening, scoliosis screening in selected grades
- Prescribed health procedures
- Surveillance of communicable diseases
- Managing individualized health plans for students with health concerns
- Maintaining health records
We invite you to contact our school nurse, Mrs. Sura, any time during the school year if you have a question or concern about your child's health.